5 Tips for Taking a Great Selfie!
The first thing I’d like to say is that there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to taking pictures. If it looks and feels right, then I say, go for it! But here are some tips to keep in mind…
- Find good light. “Open shade” is the term us photographers use. Under a tree, in a doorway, by a window- somewhere that gives nice, soft, directional light that is not harsh. The opposite would be overhead noon sun that makes you have squinty eyes with black shadows underneath!
- Smile for real. You might feel silly just sitting there by yourself, taking pictures of yourself. So, start giggling! Another option would be to grab a friend or loved one to join you. Pets often help us make the best real smiles.
- Take a bunch! Don’t think you have to nail it in one shot. Try different angles, expressions, locations. Photographers sometimes have to take a LOT of pictures in order to get that one great shot!
- Use tools. Selfie sticks, the timer on your camera, or a remote control button can free you up from the arm’s length selfie.
- Tell a story. The best selfies are the ones that remind us of a great day. Include your location, other people, or the background to capture that great moment in time.
Here is the link to see my Live Facebook Video where I explain these concepts a little deeper…